about this blog:

This blog is one that possesses no coherent theme but serves as the plate for my food for thought. And the most wonderful thing about that metaphor is that I do not have to do dishes. I hate dishes...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!


Hope everyone had a blessed 2007 and even more blessings for 2008. Today I ate "duk gook" which is a traditional Korean rice cake soup simmered in beef marrow broth. In Korean Restaurants they give you a free bowl of duk gook for free. Patrons just walk in sit down, and receive a delicious bowl of duk gook then leave to go about their daily business. The restaurant hopes the free blessing upon the people will be returned ten times over onto them in the new year. Funny thing, I didn't even know this traditional until this year.

1 comment:

heidi said...

happy new year, Jun. I'm a fan of your blog's--just wanted to drop in a comment and say hello. though half the time, you are talking sports, which I don't know jack about, I definitely sense a lot of passion in your voice. real insightful stuff. keep it up. Long, you need to post more. hope you all are doing splendidly<3