about this blog:

This blog is one that possesses no coherent theme but serves as the plate for my food for thought. And the most wonderful thing about that metaphor is that I do not have to do dishes. I hate dishes...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Transcending Genius...



Rhythm and Hue is a Performance art show by world renown artist David Garibaldi. Garibaldi creates 6 foot portraits of pop icons, CEO’s, rock stars, sports figures, and more. Each painting is created in a matter of minutes to music.

“As soon as I step on stage I’m all over the place. I’m throwing paint, entertaining the audience, and making sure the portraits still look good. Who said the artist has to stay in the studio? The stage is where I feel the most free,” says David about his unique show. If there are any artists breaking the creative boundaries between the studio and stage, this young 24 year old artist is leading the way.
Performances by David Garibaldi have included celebrities, CEO’s, politicians, pro athletes, and audiences around the world which consist of various concerts, private parties, corporate meetings and other large scale events. Garibaldi can also be seen featured on various networks like MTV, NBC, UPN, PBS, in addition to worldwide publications.
David Garibaldi’s original portraits range from Ray Charles, and John Lennon, to Jay Z, and Bono. Rhythm and Hue is not just art in concert entertainment, but a means to highlight David’s talent as a motivational speaker in addition to his ability to captivate audiences around the world. “I use Rhythm and Hue as a platform to inspire lives, and that is the reason I do this,” says David, he also adds “We all need inspiration sometimes, and no matter what age group attends my shows, they all leave the same....inspired!” David Garibaldi’s Rhythm and Hue has proven to be a total knockout performance, and a show you will never forget.

David Garibaldi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that shit is pretty fly. I wish i could paint remotely that well. I wonder how much each one of his pieces go for.