about this blog:

This blog is one that possesses no coherent theme but serves as the plate for my food for thought. And the most wonderful thing about that metaphor is that I do not have to do dishes. I hate dishes...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And he walks away...



Let me just say that this man transcended football. You couldn't but help to root for this man in all his endeavors. I can not think of a person more revered and more respected in the NFL since Walter Payton was toting the ball for the Chicago Bears. Peter King, the best sports writer in the country, (that is fact people not opinion) says it best in his favorite memory of Brett Favre. (read the article, its worth it)


"You're kidding!" I said. "You had that penny in your sock all game?"

"Of course," he said. "She said it'd be lucky."


In 50 years I will be proud to say that I had watched Brett Favre play the game of football.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the article was amazing, and, of course Farve will be missed. Sadly, I cannot say the same, i have not really watched him as much as you have, however i still admire the man