about this blog:

This blog is one that possesses no coherent theme but serves as the plate for my food for thought. And the most wonderful thing about that metaphor is that I do not have to do dishes. I hate dishes...

Monday, December 17, 2007

Not Again

So yes, the New York Giants are probably my life frorm the time September starts til whenever the NFL season is over. I have suffered a lot of heartbreaks as fan of the Mets, Knicks and of course the Giants. We started the season 0-2 and over the last 11 games we were 9-2, okay been a little spoiled. But ever since our "great" QB Eli Manning came on to the team, we have a knack of breaking down late in the season. Two years ago, the 23-0 loss to the Panthers after a 11-5 season and last year the 6 in a row in the L column after a 5-2 start. Yes, you feel my pain but not to give Eli any credit, we have made it to the playoffs every year that he's been a starter and not to compare him to Peyton, Peyton did lose 3 straight first round games before winning one in the playoffs.
I still believe that the trade was worth it when we traded for Eli in 2004. He is better than Big Ben and Phillip Rivers. But watching last nights game, he had me a little worried. Eli never posted big numbers like his big brother, he doesnt have the ring that Big Ben has and he doesnt have the record that Rivers have. Eli seemed lost half the time in games and with two games left, we have the Bills in Buffalo and the 14-0 New England Patriots coming up. At 9-5, third best record in the NFC, you might think that I'll be happy but again like the two teams mentioned before we might end up 9-7 and have another typical NY Giants collapse. Again its Eli's third try in the playoffs (knock on wood) so I'll give him another break since it took Peyton four tries to get one win. Eli is our franchise and everything does lie on him. But patience is running out and all I want is one playoff win. Please Eli, PLEASE!

1 comment: